just for you
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YSL Platforms YSL Platforms

Go down

YSL Platforms YSL Platforms Empty YSL Platforms YSL Platforms

Post  huaming Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 am

WHAT must it feel like, to be a fashion designer with a guillotine blade hanging over your head?
That question has been floating uncomfortably around the rafters of fashion for some time now, especially here in Paris, where the intense pressure on designers at the top echelon of luxury houses to produce clothes that are ever more exciting — yet commercial — each season has collided with a mounting sense of runway ennui.
You might think the news that customers are actually buying his clothes would make things a little easier for the designer, a tall, emotive Italian who casts a striking and charismatic figure in the Parisian fashion scene and yet remains somewhat at a distance from its exclusive social epicenter. One reason for the constant sniping is the fact that Yves Saint Laurent is one of the most storied couturiers of the 20th century, whose legacy is as much a symbol of French national pride as is the tricolor. As its designer, Mr. Pilati faces sometimes insurmountable prejudices and obstacles.
Buy YSL Platforms! Christian Siriano: I hate the terminology of "costume" because my clothes are not costumes at all. I think they're high fashion, avant-garde, and more couture, definitely, and yes, some of my pieces are not particularly wearable, but I wouldn't say they're costumes, I'd say they're more couture.... Buy YSL Platforms!
Baltasar Gracian: Even knowledge has to be in the fashion, and where it is not, it is wise to affect ignorance.... Buy YSL Platforms!
Buy YSL Platforms! Coco Chanel: Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.... Buy YSL Platforms!
Iris Murdoch: Between saying and doing, many a pair of shoes is worn out.... Buy YSL Platforms!
Buy YSL Platforms! Coco Chanel: Fashion is made to become unfashionable.... Buy YSL Platforms!
Marlene Dietrich: I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men.... Buy YSL Platforms!
http://www.yslshoesoutlet.org

huaming

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum